Make A Step provides children and young people in London and around the world with creative workshops and programmes that support them in making steps towards a brighter future.
Each of our services provide a unique tailored approach to individuals and groups using art to enhance and help the children to have positive experiences and develop important characteristics and abilities such as:
- Appreciation of different ways of looking at the world.
- Collaboration – being keen to work together as a team.
- Communication – developing better communication through talking, listening, writing or pictures.
- Concentration – Focusing on what they are doing.
- Developing good relationships- working together and make new friends.
- Discipline – developing self- control through a requirement to practice (for example some artistic activities, such as musical)
- Empathy – Understanding what it can feel like being someone else (particularly through role play drama activities)
- Imagination – Bringing ideas to life and adding excitement to their world.
- Interaction – being involved in a group and having peer support.
- Intrinsic motivation – Participating in something for pleasure rather than external reward, so wanting to do it for themselves.
- Language – increasing vocabulary, reading and writing skills.
- Open Mindness – being more open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Physical activity – participating in activities that encourage movement.
- Problem solving – being able explore different solutions.